Ranting away...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Heaven's Catharsis

I'm feeling melancholic.
Perhaps the days and nights of frantic studying (read: cramming) and other acad-related stuff have just worn me out. Nothing beats the midterms (and finals) here in UP.
Maybe it's just because I'm being held in a state of dread with the upcoming results of my economics exams.Or maybe it's because I'm starting to catch a cold, and I'm not feeling so well right now. Or, it could just be the weather.
I don't know. I haven't had much time for some quiet time with myself recently. I haven't even had much time for some decent sleep.
Meanwhile, I stare outside and the world is soaked, glistening and cold. Why do rainy days elicit such sentimental and oh-so-human reactions from people? It's such a common thing, and yet think of how many songs have been written about "rainy days." And notice how it affects people's behavior?
Maybe it's the cold and the longing for warmth, the pervading gloom brought about by overcast skies, or the fond memories of childhoods spent frolicking in the downpour. Or maybe it's because the incessant patter of raindrops falling just about everywhere drowns out the unnecessary noise around us, and helps us listen to ourselves much more clearly. Or it could be because rainshowers mirror the outpouring of human sentiments, reminding us that sometimes we just can't hold it in and we can't stop the tears from falling. Whatever.
Again, the answers to my questions escape me.
But then again, I envy heaven's sweet catharsis: the sweet release of raindrops falling in sheets that never seem to want to stop. And after the downpour, we come to appreciate better the light and warmth that we normally take for granted.

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 5:26 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger paranoid pluto said…

    hehe. i disagree. something can beat the UP midterms. THE (with emphasis as in THAAAA,) UP FINALS...
    nice one rem.

    tata

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Joseph said…

    I feel so nostalgic just by reading this post.

    You are so gifted. Just like the light and the warmth, I sincerely wish you don't take it for granted. (Now does that seem like a nasty remark? Oh please don't think so.)

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feeling the pressure alright. Hai, Rem. I really miss you na. You and all the guys. Now, as I am writing this, I am all nostalgic AGAIN. The room hops, the noise, my room, Pluto, the corridor, you guys.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger paranoid pluto said…

    hi rem. you are soo soo good in writing. wow.
    see you around. PGH ka ba?
    tata

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates