Ranting away...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Nostalgia

I seem to be harboring a lot of hate lately...
Currently, I'm hating myself for doing this. What I mean is, it's so damn obvious, why do I still have to write about it?
But I'll be damned if I continue to be in denial. Might as well write what I feel. And I hate being a hyprocite.
I miss UP... I miss the rain trees (what we call 'acacias') that line the Acad Oval, the fire trees along the Freshie Walk and their red blooms that get caught in the wind in June and July, the greens at the bowl-shaped Sunken Garden, the lotus flowers at the Lagoon, and the sight of the Oblation and Quezon Hall. . .
But gawd, how I miss dorm/basement life even more... And my (former =C) floormates aren't helping either, forwarding messages about bedchecks at 9 pm, Corridor Assemblies at the Tambayan, room-hopping and kwentuhan, the usual stuf...
And the people, I won't even talk about them... the moments and the routines...
That was the life. . . And now it's gone. . .

Caught up in the wind and taken away . . .
Just like the fiery blooms of the fire trees in June. . .

. . .and Acceptance

But with nostalgia comes acceptance, the realization that life moves on, and getting left behind is just isn't an option.

Might as well go with the wind, wherever it might take us.

Maybe at the end, just maybe, it'll bring us a life better than the one that was. . .

April 5, 2006

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 4:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates