
Why do I feel like all my efforts have gone to waste? Why do I feel like everything I’ve done wasn’t worth it? I ask myself, was it worth it? Was it worth the time, effort, forgone sleep, the ruin of carefully-planned schedules, and even studying for my Math and English final exams? Everything leaves a bitter taste in the mouth… I hate it when people utter careless words without realizing the hurt and pain that these words could cause. I hate it when I see the (deplorable) attitude and behavior of the people who’re supposed to be my ‘second family.’ Why do I feel like I’ve been cheated in on the deal? Are these the people I had so wanted to please? It’s so disappointing… It’s crushing. They say that true giving means giving even when the cup is empty… because it is only then that you give the gift of yourself. But what more can you give after you’ve given yourself? Even if you’ve given everything, some people just can’t seem to appreciate that. I’m not asking for appreciation. All I ask is even just a little consideration. Is that so hard to give? Am I such a bad person to feel this way? Maybe. If I am, then I’m sorry. Anyway, I hope everybody had fun. I really do. So it just had to end this way. At least I could say that heaven knows I’ve given it my all. They can’t ask anything more from me.
12:06 am, March 26, 2006
Labels: inside the self |