 |
| Tuesday, April 11, 2006 |
|
must do's
|
I am so unstable these days. And the symptoms of my psycho-emotional volatility are starting to show in my writing. Drat, I need to improve my wrting style. I've been stagnating for quite some time, writing in the same old boring way... I need to improve and reinvent myself... But how the heck am I going to do that when all the materials i can get my hand son are either a.) class lectures and handouts or b.) newspaper fare... crap. I definitely need to get a new good ol' book or at least read blogs more often... Anyway, ranting on... Since my parents have sentenced me to solitary confinement for the summer in sweltering Surigao, I've decided to try figure out the things I could do to keep myself from death by sheer, unadulterated boredom. Ooooh, I so hate it when I wake up late in the morning... it'so quite and I'm all alone inside the house... and it's so friggin hot! (duh, it's summer...) And the fan doesn't seem to be doing any good, blowing out hot air to begin with. Anyway, here's my to-do-list for the summer... wait a sec... I can't seem to think of any... (extracting files......) Okay, here it goes... 1. Get a job. LOL! Me? The moss-covered sloth from the jungles of the Amazon, getting a job? Hahaha... I'm pulling your leg, right? But seriously, I'd rather slave away the hours doing something 'productive' than overdosing on boredom. The question is, what job? I'm a bit picky about that... I could get a stint at a fast food chain, but I'd probably end up eating the food I' supposed to be serving. Tutorials, maybe? But that means I'll have to endure those attention-problematic brats... But please, no technical/vocational/ livelihood stuff! Blah, whatever. Any job as long as it' not too taxing... 2. Take summer classes. Since I can't take summer classes here in UP, might as well learn something at Surigao. I could take art classes (always wanted to do that) or photography lessons (as if I had a decent cam). Even if it's awfully hot during the summer, scenic Surigao is still so beautiful there won't be any lack of sources of inspiration for those stuff. Yeah, I think it'll be fun. I just might do those. 3. Troop to the internet cafes. Immerse myself in the internet - why not? I learn so much from the net and surfing's fun. Besides, it's a great way to escape the heat. At last, I'll be having time to make those long-overdue Friendster testimonials, organize my online photo album, or get a new blog. I can also get in touch with people and friends. And I get to update myself on the latest info on my fields of interest. Yipee, that's one option of escape I am definitely going to consider. 4. Lastly, bum around. It's so cliche to become a beach bum. Besides, I'd rather lessen the chances of developing basal skin cell melanoma from all that radiation, if I were you. And I hate the crowds! Well, if we're talking about the beaches on the islands all over the coast, that's a different story. But alas, the costs are too stepp. So I have no choice but to bum around at home. I hope signal quality improves so I can watch more channels on TV. Or I could get back all the sleep I lost while in Diliman. Maybe I should get a life. But it's so not me to go out on gimmicks with friends, partying or just hanging around... yep, ever the anti-social... Oh, I'm sure I'll find something to do to while the hours, the days the weeks and the months away... I could transmogrify myself into a bookworm and eat my way into the pages of every book I can get my hands on... It's not so bad get lost in a book. Plus, it improves my writing. I swear, aside from instanves when I feel so strongly about something, the only time I write decently is when I've finished reading or am in the act of reading a good book. Well, that's if I'll have something to write about. I've gotta make myself useful this summer... Gotta keep myself busy so that the blues won't creep into my system. Argh, I' sure I'm gonna miss dorm life, the basement, walks around the green environs of the UPD Campus, and all the wonderful people I've met. I'm not sure I can stand the mental and emotional torture if I don't keep myself busy. And there's also this person that I've got to keep out of my system... it kills me to even think that I may not be able to see that someone again... Damn... I've lost myself again... end of post.
March 20, 2006Labels: rantings |
posted by remrick @ 3:49 PM  |
|
|
|
Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not:
I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point...
I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself.
In short, I am not really what I seem.
So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Old blogs |
|
| Friends |
|
| Interesting Sites |
|
| Groups |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|