It's one of those times again when I don't know what the world is going on with me. I mean, I'm OKAY. There's nothing really major that's wrong with me. (Or is there?) It's just that there's somehting eating me up inside. That 'something' is something I can't characterize nor deduce the who, where, when, why and how of. And that, is the problem. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a psychologically/emotionally disturbed person. Or is it just plain angst or something else? Teenage moodswings? Or maybe it just has something to do with all that adolescent stuff or something? Hah, I dunno. I give up. Ironically though, it's during these times that I'm all messed up inside that I get to think things over. Or at least try to. (I'm inclined to think but there isn't much coherence to my thoughts like right now.) Sigh. For one, I wonder, if all this writing actually does any real good. Well, blogging does sort of let you let off some steam and express unspoken (can I use 'repressed?') thoughts and feelings. I actually feel better after writing. But then, I realized that all this writing-about-yourself-thing can seem a bit conceited, don't you think? Blogs are, to borrow Jam's words, Narcissistic Shrines... a tribute to the unique and special individual that each and everyone is. So what exactly happens when we blog? We write about our experiences, what we think and feel, and basically we write about ourselves. In a way, writing about ourselves is an expression of self-love. Yes, it's all about vanity. Why do we feel good writing about ourselves? Beacuse we feel that we have a stroy to tell, that oulr lives are actually worth baring to other people, and that other people actaully give a damn about it. I don't know if I'm making sense here. Sorry, I'm just drifting right now. You know that feeling after you took your Socio 10, Econ 11 and MATH 17 Final Exams one after the other? Yeah, zombie-like. Ooops, major digression alert. As I was saying... I guess I 'm getting a bit turned off by all this self-centered writing called blogging. I mean, I just realized I'm actually baring my guts and soul here... published on the internet for anyone with a mind to read... And all I'm writing about is ... myself. What is there about me that could possible interest other people? Do my posts actually do any good, like influencing people positively? Do they even make sense? Are they just attempts aimed at convinving myself that the story my life is actually worth telling on the internet? Or is this whole thing just an exercise in caressing my ego? Aargh. Anyway, Rem's still ranting on. . . *************************************************************************** FYI(specifically Jam and Pluto): Who's Rom? He's the guy I was talking about in a previous post(pre-birthday blues)... Anyway, moving on...
*************************************************************************************
They say that a balance needs to be maintained to keep this world of contrasts from plummetting into chaos and eventual doom. Darkness balances the light. Yin and Yang. Good and Evil... And all that antithetical stuff... I say... to hell with that crap. An otherwise good week (last week) had been marred by some highly undesirable eventualities. Well, for starters, the damned CRS experineced a glitch and took away two of my enlisted subjects. But wait, that's not all. One of those subjects was Sir Tantoco's class in Kas 1. How dare they deprive me of that once-in-a-lifetime-in-UP class? Harsh. The stupid system also denied me a class in a major subject, Stat 101, and my sought-after Physics 10. They didn't even give me PE! Aside from the mishaps with UP's CRS,I also received news that they've approved new fees like the libfee(?) which ranges from 400-800 pesos. And they've proposed a tuition fee hike from 300-1000 per unit, and a host of other fees like an internet fee, and even an energy fee (where's the budget for the MOE?). Last I heard was that the proposal was suspended indefinitely, but I don't know how much I'm going to have to pay this coming sem. The results of PBB Teen Edition's Final eviction night was also a big disappointment. Total letdown man, if you know what I mean. Jam and Brenda didn't make it to the BIg 4. Drat. I could've lived with that, but seeing Clare(?!) and Mikee(?!) edge them out of the competition was just too much. Scream, it's an outrage! (Got that from Christian when Mandisa got booted out of AI Season 5. Speaking of American Idol...) Lastly, it wasn't only the Philippines that seemed to be showing a sadistic streak when it comes to voting for nationwide reality shows. Sorry Randy, America isn't just confused, it had downright lost its marbles. And the new American Idol is... Taylor Hicks?! Whaaaaat?! What the...!? Sure am glad I'm NOT American. It would suck to have someone like him as my idol. I must have looked like one big human question mark when I heard him proclaimed the winner. Tell me this isn't happening. What's going on with the world? Taylor Hicks is an abberration, a musical disharmony (well, maybe not that much), a discontinuity in the time-space continuum... In mathematical terms, the limit does not exist as far as Taylor Hicks is concerned. How the hell are you going to balance that out? Run for cover. The signs are here... Armageddon is at hand. Labels: ragings, rantings |
"a tribute to the unique and special individual that each and everyone is."
I love that, Rem. And yes there are actually people, including random ones, who enjoy reading blogs (especially yours), myself included. Believe me when I say you're writings are such a delight to read.
In conjunction with writing our own blogs, reading others' blogs intensifies the therapy it brings ;)
Anyway, I hope you won't give up this thing Rem :) see ya soon.