If there’s one word that aptly describes the midterms period in UP, it’s “suffocating.” For me, that’s exactly what I experienced. Whew. After two weeks of a flurry of academic activities, rushed classes, dreadful deadlines, and grueling exams, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Yes, I’m through with the midterms. Though there are still some marked events on my calendar, I can say that the worst is over. That is, until the finals come end of March. But that’s a problem for later. We’ll get there when we get there. Anyway, up until now it had gotten to a point when I was literally drowning in my academics. My table was a mess: readings, course notes, papers, and an assortment of what-have-you had piled up to such an extent that would have put the words “disorderly” and even “chaotic” to shame. My bed was perennially unkempt, and my cabinet had turned into a dump. Add to that my classes and numerous requirements, and you’ll start to get the feel of how it is to be mentally and literally asphyxiated. But I’ve finished cleaning up my closet, clearing my table, and I’ve tried – believe me, I have – putting some order into my personal spaces in our room. Now, I don’t have to flinch every time I look at my stuff. And, pardon the cliché, I just feel like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. And just in time, too. My parents are arriving here on Sunday to attend my sister’s induction into an honors society on Wednesday. But I think it’s just an excuse to check up on all four of us here in Mega Manila. This is the chance to get them to buy me some stuff, like a new pair of shoes for that matter. I feel so relieved right now. Ditch the oxygen mask, fling the curtains and open the windows wide… I’m taking a breather. Labels: rantings |
And you had to talk about exams. Hahahaha. I so echo everything you just said. Breather. Yeah, pretty much.
And, let's leave Marianne Williamson alone. Hahahaha. Those words sounded really good and convincing in Coach Carter.
And, oh , the cd. Boris owns it. I am almost done with the second season.
I am blogging again. Yes.