Ranting away...

Thursday, December 04, 2008
small things to smile about

We went to the SSS Main Office the other day for thesis related-work. We eventually found our way to the real estate department and the room was buzzing with office work. People were either pounding away on their desktops or shuffling to and fro with their papers. It was another day at the SSS.

It was a bit intimidating to just barge and declare our business, intruders as we were. Thankfully, the people were quite friendly and accommodating. And yes, there was a good chance that we were getting at least some of the more important data that we would be needing.

There was one interesting experience, too.

Lady: So anong year niyo na?
Karla and I: Fourth year po....
Lady: Ang babata niyo pa ah..!

That's strike two for me. Razz


The room was freezing cold... as it was about two years ago when Abe and I were there to participate in "PolitiKalokohan," the quiz show by the UP APSM.
Fast forward to the present, and there we were again, in that very same room. This time, it was "Powerpaly 2.0," another quiz show by another PoliSci org, UP Politika.

And guess what? Just like the last time, we clinched the top spot. That's 1500 php for you. Thanks to a our combined know-how, a bit of luck, some serious buzzer beating and related reflexes, and my partner's extensive experience in the game (Abe happens to be a veteran when it come to UP quiz shows). And of course, the Almighty's provision.


As we were walking back to the dorm, Abe told me how he feels as if God uses moments like these to provide for his needs. The last time we won, he was also financially in need. And that realization, is a prize in itself.

That night, we went with Al to Starbucks at the Araneta Center. We didn't really buy anything, except for Al who ordered his favorite Caramel Machiato. We spent four hours just discussing about things, reading the papers, and surfing the internet.

I like the shop's layout and the fact that it isn't too cold, unlike in other Starbucks stores. Plus, the Araneta Center's tree-lined streets were once again bright with lights for the Christmas season. Add to that the cool, foggy air - it was a perfect night to just go out and unwind.

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 2:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates