Ranting away...

Saturday, November 22, 2008
smiley

At a focus group discussion group on political communication...
*GTKY time*
Facilitator: Okay, let's introduce ourselves para hindi naman tayo magkailangan...
*rounds of names*
Faci: So anong year niyo na?
Bevs: 3rd year...
Justin: 2nd year...
Me: 4th year...
Faci: Talaga? Di halata ah...
*Guy at the back agrees; mild laughter ensues*
Me: Talaga? Uh... thank you..? Razz

But seriously, I immensely enjoyed the experience of intelcourse (intellectual discourse, that is)... We had food afterwards, and the organizers from CMC were friendly and so much fun... It was really nice, and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

****************************************************

After a looong time, I finally got to spend some serious QT with God last night... Two hours of meditating on His word and pouring my heart out in prayer... Of struggling with Him and with myself... God stilled the storm inside me and gave me peace...

I had only five hours of sleep but I slept so soundly all the while... It's been so long...

****************************************************

By the way, I walked home from Philcoa all the way to the dorm last night...
My parents are probably gonna kill me if they find out, but it isn't as bad as some people may think. In fact, the new street lamps at the entrance to the University Avenue has lit up the place quite nicely. I made sure to walk along the edge of the street itself, casually making sure that I wasn't being followed and that there were no suspicious people I should be avoiding, and walking briskly like I usually do...

It was cold, foggy and eerily quiet on campus, save for the sound of my own footsteps, as it was already past midnight. I noticed that they didn't turn off the lights at the base of the Oblation like they usually do at 9pm, while the "UP @ 100" at the top of Quezon Hall was unlit. And at the area at the back of Quezon Hall, there was someone in a jacket reading a book under the lamp light. At first glance, I thought it was a woman but when I looked back I wasn't so sure anymore because he/she/it looked like a guy. Then I met two other people walking along the oval, aside from the SSB. The second one was a sino-guy (who was probably Jap or Korean) swinging his arnis as he walked.

I arrived at the dorm at 12:40, numbed by the cold outside. But, it was worth it. I enjoyed the walk and the cool air. And the time for introspection. So much for pretending to be have my wits about me.

Labels: ,

posted by remrick @ 4:32 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates