Ranting away...

Saturday, July 19, 2008
brother

I was about to post this entry:

" I gotta breathe this out.

I can no longer carry your burden for you. I've got enough of my own right now. I have my limits, too.

Until now, I still have doubts on whether you truly are (or were) a 'brother' to begin with. I want to believe you. Maybe because the alternative is much more painful: that we've all been fooled, completely deceived, even until now.

I never saw through you. You were much too guarded. Too withdrawn. Mysterious.
You and I are not so different after all.
But I was a failure with you.

As of now, this is the best I can do. But please, don't give me even the slightest excuse to doubt your repentance because I might not be able to control myself anymore. I just might take things into my own hand.

Believe me, there are many ways that I can make you regret everything. The right people just need to know the truth. And they do deserve it. It is only the fear of God and of ruining your life that holds me back.

What would your new fraternity do if they found out? How would your church react if it became public? I think of the shock and pain that it might cause the people around you: your dormmates, your friends... Will they still be able to look at you the same way? And your family... How would they take it?

I think of the person who molested you when you were a child. In a way, he has succeeded. In a way, you've done the very things he did. You have no idea of the consequences, or of the burden we bear. You've ruined people and relationships.
In the same way he ruined you. For your sake, I will not add to that. I will not let be like him. Even if you and I are not so different at all.

Repent, please. And may that repentance be true. Your leader and your church may coddle you, but I certainly won't. Make no mistake about it.

Farewell, 'brother.' "

But I thank God for setting me right. Forgive me, Lord. To love beyond one's limits, even those who are the cause of so much pain - that is what you have called me to. Teach me and uphold me by your grace.

Please be patient with me. I know I keep stumbling every other step of the way but bear with me and continue to pick me up again and again... until I learn to walk in your footsteps.

Labels: , ,

posted by remrick @ 4:55 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates