Ranting away...

Thursday, April 12, 2007
Temper

If words could kill, then the 'geniuses' behind the new Computerized Registration System (CRS) and the UPD admin would most probably be dead - thousands of times over, by now.

I just learned earlier today that they decided to have a purely computerized enlistment process, where all we had to do was log on to the new CRS website and enlist in our subjects realtime. It seemed simple enough, and we thought it meant goodbye to the endless lines during the cumbersome manual enlistment process. But we were dead wrong. It turned out to be worse - far worse.

You should see the loooong line snaking away from the computer center, and the hordes of harassed students crowding in the internet cafes at the Shopping Center. After hours of trying to access the site, and I'm still here, I still haven't been able to enlist in a single class.

I'm sick and tired of all this. I've been waiting for hours, wasting money, and being unproductive for most of the day, only to be frustrated over and over again. All the people I've encountered have nothing good to say about the new system, some have quite a few nasty things to say to those who are behind all this, and others are content to grumble a litany of juicy expletives. And personally, I find it hard trying to restrain myself from committing mental murder.

*Sigh* It's been a long time since I found it so hard to control my temper. Sometimes, it seems so good to let it all out and just lash out in a rage... The hateful thoughts that used to make me wear a scowl on my face, snap at anyone who gets on my nerves, and bang things around are the same ones that are trying to get into my head right now.

Is the system malfunctioning or is it just plain ineffective? Didn't anybody ever think that the sheer number of students would clog the networks and bog down the system? And besides, not everyone has access to a computer and the internet. What were they thinking? Did they ever think about it in the first place? This is insane. Such utter.... unreasonableness escapes me. And to think that they're running a university? Ha.

I've heard of someone saying she prefers the old manual enlistment process to the current one, because at least in the former, you got things done and saw some results after all those long lines. Now, all we get is this irritating response:



Grrr...

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 3:44 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates