Ranting away...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007
It's gonna be a long night

I just arrived in Manila this afternoon.

My flight was delayed. The service at the domestic terminal was so inefficient: our plane spent about 15 minutes 'taxiing' to the terminal because the itsy-bitsy building just couldn't accommodate the sheer number of flights, planes and passengers; I spent over another fifteen minutes waiting for my baggage; and over half an hour falling in line just to get a taxi. Actually, that was just supposed to be pretty 'normal'. No wonder tourism just can't seem to take-off in this country.

I'm staying as a transient at Ipil for two nights, and the room is a complete and utter mess. Believe me, you wouldn't want me going about describing the place. Ah, crap. That's just what it is: crap. One good thing though, there's no curfew. I'm actually thinking if it'd be better if I'd spend the night in either Jollibee or McDo. Maybe, I'll do just that tomorrow. I think I need to rest my eyes for tonight, at least.

Another piece of good news. After leaving my things at the dorm, I headed for the nearest internet cafe. So here I am, typing away and trying to kill some time. I checked my grades at CRS a while ago, and they're all there except for one subject. But I already know my grade in that subject because our prof uploaded our grades in our Y!group over the Holy Week. And thank God, even if that "DRP" looks so annoying, at least I made it to the US cutoff. Well, it isn't something to crow about because my load was just 15 units last sem, excluding the dropped subject. But still, it's a wonderful reason to be thankful for all the blessings I've received during the last semester.

Now, all I have to worry about is how I'll get to sleep tonight. And tomorrow night. I don't even think my room at Ipil could be considered fit for sleeping. But I'll find a way. God help me, I will. I hope.

Oh boy, it's gonna be a looong night...

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 6:59 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates