Ranting away...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008
friends and fireworks

My tutees didn't show up today.
And it's supposed to be our second meeting for the year. So here I am, typing away in some internet cafe with the little time I've got free. Maybe what the economists keep on telling us is true after all: people don't value things that are given for free. I've heard some high-ranking DepEd officials say the same thing about free public education. But anyway, maybe they simply forgot or are just too busy with other things. But I do hope they show up next week.

I was with Yakal Christian Fellowship last night at the UP Centennial Kick-off Celebration at the Amphitheater. Earlier that day, I was with dorm friends during the Program and Torch-lighting Ceremonies. I guess so many people have already written about it that I feel I don't have to describe the events to you anymore. All I can say is that it was such a treat and a wonderful experience to be part of the UP's centennary. We stayed until the "Grander" Fireworks Display (referring to the Lantern Parade's "Grand" Fireworks Display sponsored by the same frat) which capped off the night. While it was't the 30 minute display that some people were expecting, the pyrotechnics did not disappoint. Definitely. Again, descriptions will not suffice. You have to see it for yourself. I'm still checking out if Ate Shii's already uploaded the video. But it's even better when you witness it up close
and in person.
And, of course, it's best appreciated in the company of friends.


Happy Centennial UP!

Labels:

posted by remrick @ 2:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates