Ranting away...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
'seatmates’

This just isn't my day. *shakes head*

Our professor put us in a very awkward situation earlier today. Sheesh, I don’t even wanna recall that incident. It was one of those “Earth, swallow me whole!” moments; one of those weird times when you wish you could just die right then and there.

The professor was calling out names and asking us questions as the discussion progressed. The question I got was: “What factors cause a shift in the demand curve for bonds?”

Hesitantly, I answered: “Uh, sir… maybe because of an increase in the supply of loanable funds?”Confused

“Yes… but that’s just reverse analysis. We’re just going in circles here… You know, you’re only prolonging your agony… Now, what might cause that increase in the supply of loanable funds?” he asked me again.

While I was wracking my brain for answers, my seatmate was kind enough to try pointing to me the factors listed in the book.

“Don’t tell him the answer,” our professor butted in. “Why are you doing that? Are you his girlfriend?”

Uh-oh, this can’t be happening.

It was a tight fix I’d gotten myself into. I bowed my head in embarrassment and couldn’t even make myself look at how she’d react to that.

“No, sir…” she replied. But the guy wasn’t through with us just yet. With a devilish grin, he pressed on, “Ah, but would you like to make him your boyfriend?” he looks at me and continues, “Gwapo naman… pwede na…”

Then silence. I needed to say something, anything, fast.

“Uh, sir… I’m sorry, I don’t remember the answer.”

“You don’t remember? I already told you the answer a while ago,” he then shifts his attention elsewhere and calls out another name.

Whew!

When it was my seatmate’s name that got called, our professor identified her as “his potential girlfriend.”

I wonder what made our joker of a professor say those things. Did he seem something going on? Did he see through me and my actions? Was I being obvious?

Argh.

Awkward moments notwithstanding, at least she still doesn’t feel awkward towards me. At least, she still talks to me. At least, she still turns and smiles at me.

And… I really hope she still sits beside me next meeting. Even if she's already taken...

posted by remrick @ 2:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates