Ranting away...

Sunday, February 24, 2008
blindess

Blink.
Blink-blink-blink.
Blink.

Here I go again with all this blinking. My friends simply tell me I have "beautiful eyes." And everytime I try to keep these 'beautiful eyes' from blinking like mad, my eyesight starts to swim. These eyes are failing me once more.

I can't blame them though. Maybe I just haven't been taking care of them enough lately. Like the way I haven't been taking care of a lot of things. And what with all the exams and requirements these past weeks, not to mention my extra-curricular activities, responsibilities and commitments. But that's not really much of an excuse now, is it?

As my vision wavers, I can't seem to keep my eyes on the real goals anymore. Everything's a blur. The things that matter have been obscured. I am groping in the darkness, hoping for a hand to reach out and hold mine. Hoping that that someone would lead me home and take away my blindness.

Hoping for grace-healed eyes.

Right now, all I want is to lie down and close these eyes... only to open them again in my dreams. But it's all the same, isn't it? Even the solace I find dreams and make-believe is just another form of blindness. I believe they call it 'delusion'.

I can't decide which is worse. Maybe I'd rather have the delusion than face the reality of a life of deterioration. And it's all because of my own doing.

Let these eyes have their rest.

Labels: ,

posted by remrick @ 3:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates