Ranting away...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007
pardon my ambiguity

Night falls, and I find myself making my way back to the dorm. Past pools of shadows and pockets of light, I watch closely as this sprawling campus puts on a different and interesting persona. The shadows fade behind me as I approach the orange glow of the streetlight. I step into the light – the lamp flickers and suddenly goes out – and I find myself swallowed up in darkness once more.

I keep on walking in silence, save for the sound of my own footsteps, absorbed in my own thoughts. It’s times like these that I’ve come to enjoy here in UP. Whether in the coolness of night or the bright sunshine of daytime, I like taking walks. Solitary and quiet walks give me time to do what I seem to like doing best when I'm alone - to watch and observe, and then to think and reflect.

Sometimes, I wish could just wrap myself in shadows and melt into the darkness, becoming a silent observer that sees yet remains unseen; detached from everyone else… detached from the reality unfolding all around me. I don’t know why; I just want to… To be unseen, anonymous and alone, even for just a while.

Am I confusing you? If only we could do away with words… these abstractions to which we attach so much meaning and yet so miserably fail to say the things that we really mean. As I grow older, I’ve learned that I haven't gotten any better at expressing myself through language. Instead, I increasingly find so many things that words could never express. Language, I’ve realized, can only go so far.

And yes, I know that even as this post ends you’re still wondering what it is exactly that I’m trying to say. But that’s precisely my point.

While some things are better left unsaid, others can’t even be said at all.


Labels:

posted by remrick @ 4:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not: I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point... I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself. In short, I am not really what I seem. So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Old blogs
Friends
Interesting Sites
Groups
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates