 |
| Wednesday, August 29, 2007 |
|
fireworks outside my window
|
I was up for a pleasant surprise one cold and dreary night. Buried up to my nose in course readings and notes, I was lost in a world of philosophical concepts and ideas. Then a distant bang jarred me back to my senses. It was loud enough to be heard over some distance off, and it was shortly followed by another one. And then another. And yet another one again; resolving into a series of bangs that resounded across the night.
Wondering what the ruckus was all about, I pried my eyes away from my readings and peered out the window to my left. And I found fireworks blooming and lighting up the night sky. Every bang burst into sparks of dazzling colors, just beyond the treetops and above the buildings across the street. So near and yet somehow just beyond my reach. The papers lay haphazard and forgotten on my cluttered desk.
Funny how I actually welcomed that retreat back to reality. Oftentimes, I want to flee from the real world and all its problems, and just escape into my own world of thoughts, and sometimes, even make-believe. But at that time, I wanted to do just the opposite. I could have spent and whiled the night away, watching lights bloom and sparks dance just outside my own window. But just as suddenly as they had come, the fireworks faded and the pyrotechnic display came to a stop. And all was as it was before. Just as if nothing had happened. And I was left staring at that seemingly undisturbed patch of sky that had been so alive just mere moments ago. I had no choice but to go back to my study of distant and lofty abstractions.
If only life was like that. Fleeting but succinct. You start off with a bang and go out in a blaze of light. Short but sweet. But sadly it isn't. Things just aren't that simple. And so much for that.
Labels: rantings |
posted by remrick @ 5:14 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Rem, this is so inspiring.
<333
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not:
I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point...
I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself.
In short, I am not really what I seem.
So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Old blogs |
|
| Friends |
|
| Interesting Sites |
|
| Groups |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|
Rem, this is so inspiring.
<333