 |
| Wednesday, August 01, 2007 |
|
rainy days again
|
A baby cackles. It's my phone ringing. I tear my eyes away from the movie screen, pull out my phone, and open the message. It reads:
"I love rainy days. They give me a reason to stay at home, be alone, stare at the pouring rain, and feel the cold weather. It feels good, real good, because even for once, I am able to feel the coldness from outside... and not from within."
How do you reply to message like that? I ask her: "Ate, depressed pa rin po ba kayo?" Message sent.
A blood-curling scream pierces the theater. I stare back at the screen. The blue skinned ghoulish girl in the gaudy white dress contorts her body into unimaginable positions. Judy Ann Santos stares in horror. Izza Calzado's terrified face is beautiful, nonetheless. And Jolina Magdangal (who annoyingly keeps on calling out "Aling Lagring!?" in the midst of the haunting) looks like a boy with boobs. My friends and I exchange witty asides, and we all have a good laugh.
It's strange how people go to movie houses just to get a good scare. While outside, real people struggle with their all-too-real fears... Where the credits don't roll, the curtain doesn't fall and the lights don't go back on automatically.
As for me, I've enjoyed the 2-hour retreat from reality. But I can't keep on staying in a world of make-believe where everything just screams fake. Out there, there are real people who have real problems. And I am no exception.Labels: inside the self |
posted by remrick @ 4:00 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
"He knows our frame, he remembers we are dust." He knows how real your troubles are brother, and He Himself intercedes for you. Praise God!
Brilliantly written by the way. Let's eat lunch when you're free ok?
-
Paano niyo po nalaman blog ko, kuya? :0
-
Salamat nga po pala kuya... =) I seem to be popping that question to everyone who happens to come by my blog... My, my... where are my manners? Sorry, I just didn't expect a lot of people to know about my blog... Oh well, so much for secrecy... :p
-
REM...Beautiful post, like always. :)
-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not:
I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point...
I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself.
In short, I am not really what I seem.
So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Old blogs |
|
| Friends |
|
| Interesting Sites |
|
| Groups |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|
"He knows our frame, he remembers we are dust." He knows how real your troubles are brother, and He Himself intercedes for you. Praise God!
Brilliantly written by the way. Let's eat lunch when you're free ok?