 |
| Monday, May 28, 2007 |
|
"Haberdey"
|
May 25, 2007 was the first day of my last year as a teenager.
My mind still refuses to take in and process the bitter fact. Yes, I'm a bit bitter about it. But for all my bitterness, reality bites. And man, does it bite. Hard.
Somebody must have shook the sand in the hourglass or something. The years have been a blur. Time truly is passing me by - and fast.
Almost two decades, and I've come to realize that maybe God isn't letting me off that easy. So much for dying young and escaping old age. Haha, pardon the morbid thoughts. I get the feeling God isn't through with me and my life just yet. Undoubtedly, He still has plans for me. And I at least owe it to all the people He's blessed my life with.
Who would've thought? From a sickly kid who had perennial colds, coughs and asthma attacks, and my fair share of maladies and mishaps, you'd think natural selection would've eliminated me out of the survival game early on. And yet, by God's grace I'm still here. Still standing. Hey, I even survived chicken pox when I was just a few months old. Scarred, but still a survivor.
And I realize that it does feel good to alive. Life is beautiful, especially when you know it has meaning. And when you remember there's a purpose behind everything and all that you may go through, however bad, blissful or banal they may be. I think there are still quite a few surprises in store for me. And just like the rest of my 19-year existence, it'll be an undeniably colorful experience.
Speaking of surprises, my sympathies to my high school buddies who had planned a 'surprise' for me on my birthday. The plan was they'd unexpectedly drop by to pick me up so we could go out and eat, among other things. Except that they overlooked one very minor detail. I was already in Surigao and they're still in Manila. In the end, they were the ones who got 'surprised'. Sorry guys, my parents had me packing right after my last exam. But I really do appreciate it. Definitely didn't expect it, and I'm thankful nonetheless.
So, how did my day turn out? Well, there seems to be a high positive correlation between happiness and the number well-wishers and greetings one receives on his birthday. It was, again, unexpected. From ates and kuyas to little bros and sisters, to high school friends and batch mates whom I haven't heard from in a quite some time, the messages filled my inboxes. It was overwhelming and I'm very much indebted and grateful.
It has been a happy day, indeed. Thanks to all those who wished it so. Not a joyful one - there are still some issues I've yet to resolve - but still very happy. Thanks for making it a happy birthday come true.
Labels: rantings |
posted by remrick @ 3:04 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
i failed to greet you. sorry.
belated happy birthday! ^_^
-
Uh, salamat... sino po sila? =)
-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Ranting away... | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: remrick
Home: Surigao City, Philippines
About Me: Let me tell you what I'm not:
I am not predisposed to bare my guts and soul here in the internet for the whole world to see just for the sake of it. It's just that I like writing, in the free and unstructured way that blogging provides for. I simply want to express what I think and feel. Is that too much to ask? Which leads me to my next point...
I am not invulnerable, in spite of all my attempts to put on a face of cool composure, and desperately wanting I was good enough to fool myself.
In short, I am not really what I seem.
So, would you still take my ramblings seriously?
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Old blogs |
|
| Friends |
|
| Interesting Sites |
|
| Groups |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|
i failed to greet you. sorry.
belated happy birthday! ^_^